I’m thankful for our cats, Hepper and Hudson, for their companionship, unending love and for their encouragement for every new Hepper product I design!
What are you thankful to your cat or dog for? What do they give you, or how do they impact your life? Leave a comment and let everyone know!
[update] I am also so thankful to all of you amazing commenters! Your stories are so very touching and I’m alternately laughing and getting misty while reading through your stories of your very loved kitties. Little Hepper is climbing all over me as I type this and purring in my ear as if to also send her thanks and well wishes to you all.
Ol’ Oscar seems downright happy compared to Grumpy Cat.
Fair warning – lots more Grumpy Cat posts to come. She’s just so… awesome!
Adopt a Pet – There’s always more room in your home (and heart)
If you’re looking around on this site, chances are pretty good that you already have at least one cat or dog at home. Then I don’t have to tell you how great it is to have a furry friend in your house! Our two cats – Hepper (the company’s namesake) and Hudson are the Queen and King of our house.
This is the second home for both Hepper and Hudson. They were both adopted. Hudson is from New Hampshire, and you can read about Hepper’s NYC origins here.
If you are considering your first, or second (third, fourth..) pet, I strongly encourage you to adopt.
Inviting a mid-life or elderly pet into your home is a loving and generous act. Providing for a cat or dog in need will earn you a special kind of love. They’ll become your family – the kind that doesn’t talk back!
Why Adopt a Pet from a Shelter?
- You’ll save two lives: the pet you adopt and the pet the shelter can take in as a result of your adoption.
- You’ll know what you’re getting: Many shelters and rescues provide behavioral assessments and vet checks on adoptable pets.
- Your perfect pet is waiting for you: 6-8 million cats and dogs enter shelters each year in addition to countless other species. 25-30% of shelter dogs are purebred.
- You’ll save money: “Free” pets are no bargain. Shelters and rescues usually cover initial veterinary costs.
We recommend Petfinder.com to find your next pet. You can search their extensive database of pets that need a home here.
Another resource is Bestfriends.org. They have an adoption service as well as an amazing pet sanctuary. You can support them with a donation even if you don’t adopt.
Here at Hepper, we’re decidedly Cat People, but not because of our lack of love for the barkier of our four legged friends.
We say ” If there’s a tail, let’s see it wag” and of course, if there’s no tail, then shake that butt!
It’s an age old argument, really: Are you a Cat or a Dog Person? If you know, you know, but there’s plenty of people that have both cats and dogs at home.
According to the American Pet Products Association, 62 percent of U.S. households have pets. Of those homes with pets, 39 percent have dogs and 33 percent have cats. Studies on the APPA site show that pet ownership can be a learned behavior, as people gravitate toward the animals they grew up with. Parents tend to have dogs that kids can take outside, while older people and singles are more likely to have lower-maintenance animals like cats.
Are you not sure? Here’s our votes for cats:
Update: We have a winner!
Do you have great photos of your kitties using Hepper products?
Do you want to win an awesome bundle of all our products?
All you have to do is send us some photos that we can upload to our Pinterest account.
Then get your friends to repin those photos as much as possible. The photos that get repinned the most win!
At the end of May, we’ll send the owner of the most pinned Pinterest image a Hepper bundle.
Here’s how it works:
- Using the form below submit your best photos of cats with Hepper products.
- We’ll upload your photos to our Pinterest site (give us a couple days and then check here).
- You repin your photo.
- You get all your friends, family, neighbors, second cousins, and anyone else you know to repin your photo (no robots, though, we’ll be watching!).
- [update 5/7/13] You get one valid repin “entry” per unique Pinterest account. So, you can go repinning on all your boards – but they all count only as one entry. This will keep it fair for everyone!
- At the end of May we’ll give a Hepper bundle to the owner of the photo with the most repins!
Win a Hepper bundle, including a Pod Bed, Hi-Lo Scratcher and a NomNom bowl!