Our US presidents may give the speeches on tv and radio, but we know where they get their ideas: the cats, dogs and other pets that live at the White House. Who better to listen to the complex issues and offer unbiased, nonpartisan opinions?
- Misty Malarky Ying Yang – Siamese cat - Carter
- King Timahoe – Irish Setter - Nixon
- Pushinka – Mutt (gift of Russian premier, puppy of Soviet space dog Strelka) – Kennedy
- Macaroni – a pony (also Kennedy) macaroni pony! Does it get better than that?
- Weejie – Norwegian Elkhound - Hoover
- Valeriano Weyler and Enrique DeLome – Angora kittens - McKinley
- Siam – But only because it was the first Siamese Cat in the United States – Hayes
- Piccolomini – Cat - Hayes
- Baron Spreckle – Hen - Roosevelt
- Boston Beans – Bulldog – Coolidge
Do you have any good pet names to share? Leave them in the comments!