A cat must remain physically and mentally active and entertained throughout life. Cat toys are a great way to keep them entertained while strengthening the pet and pet-parent bond.
Boots and Barkley is a branch of Target that offers pet accessories. They were founded in 2011 and can be found online or in stores. Target stores span across the United States, so there is bound to be one near you. The Boots and Barkley range of cat toys is simple but offers great entertainment for your kitty. Sometimes keeping it simple is best, and you won’t break the bank on unnecessary and extravagant cat toys. If Boots and Barkley has piqued your interest, their toys will do the same for your cat. Read on to learn more about this brand of cat toys.
Boots & Barkley Cat Toys
|Boots & Barkley Ball Track Cat Spinner Toy
|Boots & Barkley Outdoor Cat Tunnel
|Boots & Barkley Match to Scratch Fish Burger and Milkshake
|Boots & Barkley Chicken Wooden Wand
|Boots & Barkley Rubber Lattice Tie Dye Balls
Boots & Barkley Cat Toys Reviewed
About Boots & Barkley Cat Toy Products
Boots and Barkley offer a range of cat toys that will suit any kitty. They include outdoor tunnels, fishing rod toys, plush novelty, and interactive toys. The toys are available in various plush fabrics, faux fur trims, bells, and frilly ribbons. Some are even infused with a cat’s favorite, catnip, to make them more appealing. Their toys encourage natural hunting instincts, are ideal for stalking, pouncing, and chasing, and will keep your cat occupied for hours while strengthening the bond between you and your cat.
Who makes Boots & Barkley Cat Toys and where are they produced?
Boots and Barkley is a Target-owned pet apparel and accessories brand that debuted in 2011. Target is a large retailer that offers many products and stores all across the United States. Customers can shop online or in-store and participate in Target’s loyalty program, which provides benefits such as free shipping and discounts.
Discussion of the Primary Materials (Good & Bad)
Boots and Barkley’s Cat Toys are made from various materials to entice, stimulate, and entertain your cat.
- Catnip: Catnip is commonly used inside plush cat toys. It is a common herb that mimics the sex hormones of a cat, and cats have a different scent organ that allows scents collected in the nose and mouth to travel to the brain. Catnip can help reduce anxiety and even relieve pain in cats who have had a positive experience with it.
- Bells: The tinkling sound of toys with small bells helps to stimulate some cats. Some extra curious cats may be able to access the bell in the toy and end up swallowing it. Some can fortunately be passed, but sadly that is not usually the case. The metal can break down in the cat’s stomach, exposing your cat to toxicity.
- Feathers: Cats are naturally attracted to feathers on toys as they are to the feathers on a bird that may be their prey. If swallowed, the feathers may pose a choking hazard, and the sharp points on the quill end of the feather may cause cuts in the mouth.
- Crinkle Material: The crinkling sounds imitate crickets, mice, rats, or rabbits walking or burrowing in crisp, brown leaves, arousing a predatory response in cats.
Reviews of the Top 5 Boots & Barkley Cat Toys
The Boot and Barkley range of cat toys are very basic. They will keep any cat entertained, but their collection is very middle-of-the-road compared to what else is available.
1. Boots & Barkley Ball Track Cat Spinner Toy
This Boots & Barkley Ball Track Cat Spinner Toy includes multicolored feathers to catch your kitty’s attention. Any time your cat’s curiosity causes it to paw at the toy, the ball spins around the track, providing it with an abundance of entertainment. If you have more than one cat, they can enjoy this toy together, and the ball will stay put and not get lost.
2. Boots & Barkley Outdoor Cat Tunnel
This Boots & Barkley Outdoor Cat Tunnel is a fun way to keep your cat entertained for hours. It is 36 inches long and made of polyester with a steel frame. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, and the zipper closures on either end keep the tunnel securely closed. Best of all, it can be set up instantly with no assembly required.
3. Boots & Barkley Match to Scratch Fish Burger and Milkshake
The Boots & Barkley Fish Burger and Milkshake Cat Toy Set has crinkles, sparkles, and a bell to add to the fun. Each toy has a plush surface and a lightweight design that allows it to be easily clawed and batted around. Both toys are filled with catnip, which will stimulate your cat’s senses, enticing them to play.
4. Boots & Barkley Chicken Wooden Wand Cat Toy
The Boots & Barkley Chicken Wand encourages pet and parent interaction. This toy is made of real feathers and ribbon, and it includes a bell to spark interest. It also contains catnip to encourage playtime.
5. Boots & Barkley Rubber Lattice Tie Dye Balls
This Boots & Barkley Rubber Lattice Tie Dye Ball toy set includes two rubber balls with a durable rubber construction and a catchy tie-dye pattern to capture their attention and withstand clawing and chewing. When rolled, the jingle ball inside will catch your kitty’s attention, enticing them to pounce and play.
What Customers are Saying
Customers who purchased Boots and Barkley on the Target online store have left mostly promising reviews, with ratings generally between 3–5 stars.
Boots and Barkley’s range of cat toys is an excellent choice for owners looking for a classic toy to keep their cats entertained. Their line of toys includes tunnels, plush toys, interactive wands, textured balls, and toys that feature sparkles, bells, and even catnip. Compared to other products, they are a very basic line of classic toys, which is all a cat needs most of the time. Their prices are affordable, and because they are a branch of Target, they can be purchased online or at any Target store near you.
- Leaps & Bounds Cat Toys Review – FAQ, Pros, Cons & Verdict
- 11 Best Eco-Friendly Cat Toys – Reviews & Top Picks