Over the years, scientific research and technology significantly improved the quality of cat toys. Now, cats have many options that encourage their natural hunting instincts to promote healthy play and exercise. Electronic toys have become a common sight in many cat homes. However, people are taking electronics a step further and have started creating online games and apps purely for feline entertainment. We’ve searched the internet and created reviews of different types of online games for cats. The internet community has experienced a lot of laughter and good times with funny internet cats. Now, it’s your cat’s turn to have fun online.
Video Games For Cats
Gamers and cats can come together to play fun games. These games aren’t specifically designed for cats, but a lot of cats can find them engaging because of the different animals and real animal sounds they feature.
1. My Universe Pet Clinic: Cats & Dogs
My Universe Pet Clinic
2. Little Friends: Dogs & Cats
This single-play game
Online Games for Cats
If you’re planning on leaving the house for several hours, online games can be a great way to keep your cat entertained. There are many videos that run for a few hours that provide fun games and sounds to keep your cat engaged. Here are some of our favorite ones.
4. Cat Games – Catching Real Mice
This video provides 4 hours of footage of real mice scurrying across the screen and hiding in a mouse hole. It’s quiet enough, so it won’t disrupt your neighbors if you live in an apartment with thin walls. However, it does have nature sounds, such as birds chirping, to calm your cats and keep them stress-free. The use of real mice can encourage your cats to use their stalking and hunting instincts. This sort of engagement can help eliminate boredom, which can prevent the development of destructive behaviors.
5. Realistic Cat Games – Catching Mice, Cockroaches, and SnakesYou might want to play this video while you’re gone because it’s 1 hour of footage of mice, cockroaches, and snakes. These are all animals that cats tend to stalk in real life, so there’s a good chance that your cat will stay engaged with this video. All the animals accurately mimic how they would move around in real life. The mice scurry, the cockroaches run around in short bursts, and the snakes slither across the screen. The video also includes audio of the animal sounds and noises. Your cats will hear squeaking and scuttling sounds, and it really sounds as if these animals are actually in the room.
6. Rainbow String GameSimilar to Snakeio, this game has colorful ribbons of varying lengths that move across the screen at different speeds and movements. Some ribbons move slowly and gracefully, while others zoom past or spiral around. The different colors of the ribbons can also help catch your cat’s eye. The video also has music playing the whole time with mouse and bird sounds mixed throughout its duration.
Games for Cats on Phones
There are several different kinds of cat games that you can download on your phone or tablet. Some games work well with phone screens, while others are better suited for larger tablet screens. Before you try out some of these interactive cat game apps, make sure to first install a layer of protection for your phone screen to prevent scratches and cracks.
7. Friskies Cat Fishing 2
Friskies Cat Fishing 2
8. Cat Alone
Games for Cats on Screens
Some app games work on phones, but your cat can have an enhanced experience playing on a larger tablet with a touch screen. Here are some games with vibrant colors and active participation that your cat will love playing on a big screen.
9. Pocket Pond 2
realistic pond game
10. Paint for Cats
Paint for Cats
11. Mew and Me
Mew and Me
We’ve listed some of the best options for online cat games and apps. Although it’s not guaranteed for all cats to love these types of games, it’s another great option to have to prevent your cat from experiencing extended boredom. As cat lovers continue to search for new games and toys for their cats, the online gaming industry just might start to fine-tune this gaming niche. It’s very possible that we’ll see a wider selection of games and improved updates in the near future. Now, it seems like having an internet and tech-savvy generation of cats just doesn’t sound quite as far-fetched anymore.
By the way…
Most cats love to play and sleep, but separate cat beds and tunnels can take up a lot of space. That's why we love the Hepper Cat Tunnel Bed, which features a shaded napping area and a tunnel complete with dangling felt balls. This is our product, and we think you'll love it, too!
You might also be interested in: 8 Best Cat Websites in 2022
Featured Image Credit: Linalyan, Shutterstock