When pumpkin season rolls around, you not only want to treat yourself to everything pumpkin, you want to treat your cat to pumpkin cat treats also. Since you never know what’s in the premade cat treats you get from the store, we’re going to give you a few recipes for homemade cat treats with pumpkin your cat is going to love.
If you want to pamper your cat with a treat that’s delicious yet still healthy, then putting a little time into baking these pumpkin treats for him is the best thing you can do. These recipes are all made with pumpkin, and the ingredients can probably be found already stocked in your pantry since you’re getting ready for pumpkin season.
These recipes are intended, as the article name states, only as treats and should be fed in moderation. We have made a few changes to the original recipes to use more cat-friendly ingredients. The number of treats your cats should get in one day should be no more than 10% of their daily caloric intake, so 10% of its normal food should be removed from the daily diet to make up for the treat without adding extra calories. This is to prevent your cat from gaining extra weight.
The Top 3 Homemade Cat Treats with Pumpkin Recipes
1. Pumpkin Tuna Cat Treats
Pumpkin Tuna Cat Treats
- 7 ounces of fresh tuna
- 0.7 ounces of pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 0.7 ounces carrot
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 0.8 cup of plain oat flour
- 1 tablespoon of catnip herb
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast your pumpkin and tuna together and let them cool. Once they’re cool, crush them into little bits.
- Beat your egg and put it in the bowl with your carrot, pumpkin, tuna, catnip herb, and olive oil. Mix this together well, then add your plain oat flour. Work the mixture into a dough ball, then set it aside for five minutes.
- Spread your dough when it’s ready and use cookie cutters to make cute shapes for your cat.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool, then serve!
2. Pumpkin, Oat, and Salmon Treats
Salmon has long been a favorite of cats everywhere, so when made with pumpkin, this is a treat your cat won’t be able to resist.
3. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Treat
Who doesn’t love roasted pumpkin seeds? If your cat loves foods that are crunchy, then these are the perfect treats for a crisp fall evening for both of you!
These are six of the best homemade cat treats made with pumpkin recipes we could find. It’s important to note that these pumpkin treats shouldn’t be fed to your feline pal every day, but only as a special treat on occasion.
Cats are carnivores, and they need a diet that will keep them healthy and happy for many years to come. So never substitute the pumpkin treats on our list for a cat’s regular food. It’s also essential to make sure your cat isn’t allergic to any of the ingredients on our list as well for the best results.
- Homemade Grain-free Cat Treats – 4 Easy Recipes (Vet Approved)
Featured Image Credit: YULIYA KIRILLOVA, Shutterstock