As of November 9, 2023 – Mid America Pet Food has included Victor & Wayne Feeds Cat Food in their voluntary pet food recall due to potential contamination with Salmonella.
What You Need to Know About Salmonella Poisoning
If your pet has a Salmonella infection, they may become lethargic and have fever, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, and vomiting. Some less obvious side effects are decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain. If your pet has become infected but is still otherwise healthy they can still be carriers of Salmonella and infect other animals or humans. If you know your pet has consumed the recalled product or is experiencing these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
If you have products matching the following description and sell by date you should stop feeding them to your cats and dispose of them immediately.
Where Was the Product Sold?
The following lots of Victor and Wayne Feeds cat foods have been recalled. They have been distributed to various retailers and distributors in the United States.
- Victor Super Premium Cat Food, Hi-Pro Plus Active Cat & Kitten 854524005825 15 pound bag Before 10/31/2024 854524005832 5 pound bag Before 10/31/2024
- Victor Super Premium Cat Food, Grain Free Fit Feline Indoor Cat 854524005870 15 pound bag Before 10/31/2024 854524005887 5 pound bag Before 10/31/2024
- Victor Super Premium Cat Food, Grain Free Healthy Skin & Coat Indoor Cat 854524005900 15 pound bag Before 10/31/2024 854524005917 5 pound bag Before 10/31/2024
- Victor Super Premium Cat Food, Mers Feline 854524005283 15 pound bag Before 10/31/2024 854524005221 5 pound bag Before 10/31/2024
- Wayne Feeds Gold Cat Food, Ranch & Sea Recipe 899944446162 16 pound bag Before 10/31/2024
- Wayne Feeds Cat Food, Barn Cat Plus 899944446179 40 pound bag Before 10/31/2024