As a pet parent, you already know the importance of your cat’s health. Every cat requires a balanced diet to stay healthy, not only physically, but also cognitively, emotionally, and socially.
If you’re unsure about the best diet for your feline pal, it’s best to contact your vet for a consultation. Most cat owners want to treat their cats on occasion, but you need to be careful what type of treats you provide, as there are foods that are toxic to felines. We’ll provide you with some homemade cat cake recipes to treat your furry friend in this listicle. Whether it’s a cat birthday cake recipe or a scrumptious seafood cake just because you love him, your cat will love these treats. We have made a few changes to the original recipes to use more cat-friendly ingredients.
While the ingredients in all of these recipes are safe for cats, it is very important to understand that these treats can only be served occasionally as they are not a complete and balanced diet, and they should be taken into consideration to account for the number of calories your cat ingests during a week.
The Top 4 Homemade Cat Cake Recipes
1. Cat’s Birthday Cake Recipe
Cat’s Birthday Cake Recipe
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 five-ounce can of tuna in water (low sodium)
- A single egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon of shredded cheese cheddar
- 4 medium cooked shrimp peeled
- Step One: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While waiting, spray your muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Step Two: Mix your tuna, egg white, cheese, and coconut flour in a mixing bowl. Spoon the mixture into the tin cups, getting them as even as possible.
- Step Three: Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for five minutes, then invert pans onto wire racks to cool the rest of the way.
- Step Four: Garnish with shrimp and watch your cat enjoy his birthday treat. This is the perfect treat for any cat’s birthday, no matter what age he is!
2. Seafood Cake
There are very few cats, if any, out there that don’t love seafood. However, cats also need plenty of protein to grow strong and healthy. This seafood cake recipe will not only give them a tasty treat but keep them healthy as well.
3. Cheesy Tuna Cake
Every cat loves tuna; at least ours do. So, this cheesy tuna cake was a big hit for our two cats. We’ll give you the recipe below.
4. Pink Salmon Cake
Salmon is another food that cats go wild for. It has quite a bit of calories, so you want to reserve this for special occasions. The pretty pink color of the salmon cake will please your cat as well. So, here’s the recipe.
This concludes our take on our kitchen’s best homemade cat cake recipes. It’s important to note that while all the ingredients in these cat cakes are said to be safe for cats, you need to make sure that your cat isn’t allergic or has a sensitivity to any of them.
These cakes are also meant to be a treat, not something that you replace your cat’s food with daily. So, whether it’s your cat’s birthday or you just feel like treating him to something special, these cat cakes will certainly fit the bill. Your cat will thank you for them, and they’re healthy for him too.
Other recipes that you can try at home:
- Homemade Grain-free Cat Treats – 4 Easy Recipes (Vet Approved)
- Homemade Pill Pockets for Cats, 5 Easy & Practical Recipes (Vet approved)