Even the best-trained, best-behaved dogs have their moments of madness. And while some pet parents are willing to forgive and forget, others prefer to name and shame their pets for their misdeeds. From excessive eating to cat litter picking and inappropriate humping, there are dog shaming memes that sum up the odd, almost indescribable experiences that can come with owning dogs.
Below are more than 50 dog-shaming memes that we hope will make you feel a little better about your pet pooch’s antics.
Most dogs love to eat. They love to eat their own food, and beg for human food, and if they don’t believe they’re getting all of the good stuff, they will take it upon themselves to find extra food around the house. We might know that eating a whole stick of butter is bad for dogs, or that caffeine can make dogs quite ill, but you try telling the dogs that. They don’t listen.
1. Not sure that butter eating is the worst offense
2. Garbage cans are just large food bowls
3. A sentiment most dieters can appreciate
4. Who ate all the pies?
5. Once you pop…
6. One serious case of the zoomies coming up
7. Silence isn’t always golden
8. Litter picking duties
And then there are the dogs that just love to chew. Not so they can eat whatever they tear to shreds but seemingly just for the sake of destruction and to make a mess. Some dog owners have found nothing is sacred with laptops and cell phones even being the target of some mischievous mutts.
9. Nothing is off limits to some dogs
10. Jimmy Chews
11. At least it’ll be soft coming out
12. Honestly, the dog ate my homework
13. “I wanna be pretty too”
14. The buck stops with Apollo
15. The teddy bear graveyard
16. At least she looks like she’s sorry
17. Ganging Up
Poopers and Sprinklers
Pooping: it’s perfectly natural, and all dogs do it. But, while some are fastidiously clean and will only poop in certain places at certain times, others adopt a more carefree attitude to their toileting habits. But, if a dog’s gotta go, a dog’s gotta go.
18. I bet mommy soon stopped
19. House training can be tricky
20. It’s just a shower
21. Two inappropriate toilet habits
22. Sometimes, it’s just too much effort to get up
23. That’s just plain rude
24. Must be something about the smell
25. Maybe it was a nervous reaction
26. Tinsel tinkle
27. The joys of bringing the outdoors indoors
28. There’s no accounting for taste
29. Hats can be scary
30. Sibling love
31. More sibling love
32. Even more sibling love?
33. That’s what brothers are for
34. You’ll definitely want to move out of the way of that
Humping is probably one of the most awkward behaviors, at least in the eyes of their owners. It is a release for the dog, and while it can be sexual in nature, it isn’t always. Dogs hump when they get excited. Some dogs hump when they get anxious. Some seem to hump for seemingly no reason at all.
35. It isn’t just male dogs that hump
36. Some puppies just can’t help it
37. Ankle biting can be a humping accompaniment
38. Best friends put up with a lot
Cat Poop Lovers
Cat poop holds a certain fascination for our pet dogs. If you have cat litter in your home, you probably know the noise of your cat covering up its business, and if you have a dog, too, you almost certainly know the noise of your dog picking cat litter out of the tray. And, apparently, it doesn’t have to be cat poop. Dogs are seemingly fascinated with the poop of other animals, too.
39. Ember loves cat poop
40. Ember REALLY loves cat poop
41. It isn’t cat poop dogs seem to love
42. There are consequences
As well as unwanted chewing, there is a surprisingly wide range of ways that a dog can make short work of any room in the house. You can give them toys, exercise them before you go out, and even leave the radio on, but some dogs just wait for the coast to be clear before they have a good rummage for mischief.
43. An expensive burst of excitement
44. Sounds like he disapproves of the new couch
45. Ember just likes making a mess
46. The carpet wrecker
47. So much destruction
Some behaviors and memes don’t fit into any category, but that doesn’t make them any less funny or worthy of inclusion. From ant-snorting pups to unwanted alarm clocks, dogs really are everything to their owners.
48. We’re not sure of the consequences
49. Some dogs are night owls
50. Seriously, who needs an alarm clock?
51. Some dogs are biters
Dogs are our faithful companions. They are part of the family. They can also be difficult to live with, have annoying and seemingly inexplicable habits, and routinely gross us out. But, most owners wouldn’t have it any other way!