10 Amazing Dog Friendly Beaches in St. Augustine, FL
St. Augustine, Florida, is the oldest city in North America. It offers plenty of things to do with or without a dog. From small local shops to amazing food and a plethora of amazing history, there is plenty to see and do in St. Augustine. One of the biggest draws to St. Augustine is the miles of pristine beaches and developed beach parks.
St. Augustine is in St. Johns County, which has some of the friendliest dog rules in Florida. Almost every beach in the county allows leashed dogs to come and enjoy them. That means there are plenty of fantastic options for dog-friendly beaches in the St. Augustine area.
Here are ten of the best dog-friendly beaches to visit when you are in St. Augustine.
The Top Dog Friendly Beaches in St. Augustine, FL
1. St. Johns County Ocean & Fishing Pier Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 350 A1A Beach Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||8:00 am to 7:30 pm during sea turtle season (May 1 – October 31), 24/7 otherwise|
|💲 Cost:||Beach is free, the pier is $2|
- Free parking is available but limited.
- Dogs are always allowed on the beach itself but not the pier.
- There is a cute gift shop in the park that sells sundries and souvenirs.
- Plenty of shade and seating for hot days.
- Restrooms are available.
- Great views of the St. Augustine Beach area are available.
2. Ocean Hammock Park
|🗺️ Address:||📍 A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine Beach, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||7AM – 8PM|
- Shady trails lead down to the beach and are perfect for pooch walking.
- There are water fountains available to fill up your dog’s bowl.
- Long boardwalk through old Florida nature.
- Wide sandy beach but be sure to keep your dogs leashed.
- Not too many crowds.
3. Vilano Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 2725 Anahma Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
|🕐 Open Times:||6AM – 9PM|
- One of the most popular beaches in Saint Augustine.
- Nearby grocery store for easy resupply.
- Plenty of free parking.
- Stunning area to watch the sunrise.
4. St. Augustine Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 1 8th St, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||Open 24/7|
- The main beach of St. Augustine.
- Plenty to do nearby, including historic St. Augustine, resorts, restaurants, and bars.
- One of the best dog friendly beaches in all of Florida.
- Restrooms, picnic tables, a visitor center, shaded pavilions, and lifeguards are all seasonally available.
5. Frank B. Butler County Park
|🗺️ Address:||📍 5860 A1A S, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||7:30AM – 7:30PM|
- Known to the locals as simply Butler Beach.
- Free access and free parking.
- Restrooms and showers are available for you and your pups.
- Dog waste stations are conveniently posted at boardwalk entrances.
6. Crescent Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 6930 A1A S, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||Sunrise to sunset|
- Soft pristine white sands.
- Picnic benches available to take a break.
- Showers and water are available for your pooch.
- Stunning views and a relaxed attitude.
- Watch out for crowds during peak seasons and hours.
7. Matanzas Inlet Bridge Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 8805 A1A S, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||Sunrise to sunset|
- Beautiful views of the Matanzas Inlet and Matanzas Inlet Bridge.
- Low crowds.
- Great spot for fishing.
- Lots of natural beauty to explore.
- Dogs will love the shallow waters, roots and soft sand.
8. North Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 3721 Coastal Hwy, St. Augustine, FL 32084|
|🕐 Open Times:||6:30AM – 7PM|
- Take your dog to catch some of the most beautiful sunrises in the state.
- Free parking and pavilions available.
- Watch for eclectic and unique shells.
- Don’t forget to keep the beach beautiful and pick up after your pet.
9. Matanzas Beach
|🗺️ Address:||📍 8635 A1A S, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||9AM – 5:30PM|
- Check out the nearby fort and national monument when you are there.
- Gorgeous views of the inlet.
- Smooth and clear waters.
- Access to the intercoastal for boating and relaxing.
10. Anastasia State Park
|🗺️ Address:||📍 300 Anastasia Park Rd, St. Augustine, FL 32080|
|🕐 Open Times:||8AM – Sundown|
|💲 Cost:||$8 per vehicle|
- One of the most beautiful state parks in St. Augustine.
- Pet-friendly camping is available.
- Check and obey all leash laws inside the park.
- Not all beaches in the park are pet friendly.
- Close to various attractions and amenities.
St. Augustine is one of the most dog-friendly cities in Florida. There is plenty to see and do with your precious pets in tow. There are numerous world-class beaches to spend the day at that allow your dog to come along for the ride. These are some of the best beaches in the southeastern United States, and they are all dog friendly. Each comes with its own unique set of views, amenities, and perks. Start planning your trip today, and don’t forget to pack your pup.
Other dog-friendly beaches you can visit:
See also: 9 Wonderful Off-Leash Dog Parks in Saint Augustine, FL
Featured Image Credit: Denis Moskvinov, Shutterstock